Sep 13, 2007

Open Letter to My Baby

My darling little boy,

Not a day goes by when I don't think of you. Daddy tells me that you said it's okay, the loss of you.

I miss you, darling, and wish you were here each and every day. I would be feeling your kicks and twirls by now. Instead I have emptiness.

I know you're in heaven with Jesus. I know that you are safe and warm, not hurting or sad. I know that you will never feel pain or know evil. I know that I will see you there, someday.

I ordered your memorial stone and can pick it up next week. We will bury you in a beautiful, safe place. I will plant Grecian Windflower, Grape Hyacinths, Crocus and other beautiful flowers near you. What is left of you will go back to the earth. We will bury you, just Daddy and I, so that the girls, your sisters, won't feel like they ought to investigate the spot.

I miss you, darling.


No comments: